Sunday, March 29, 2009

Insomnia

I had an insomnia last night. Maybe because I took a long nap in the afternoon and drank some strong tea & coffee right before I went to bed. It's strange tho', coz coffee and tea have never had any effect for my sleep. Thanks God I could still keep awake during the Sunday worship today.
The message today was a good reminder. It talked about how one might suffer to follow God and that Christians should carry the cross. Yes. Indeed, one might have to 'suffer' when following Christ. We might have to 'give up' a lot. But to me, the words 'suffer' or 'give up' don't sound quite right to me. When we follow Christ, we see the love of God. He loves us so much that He gave up His life on the cross, and gives us the eternal life. When we see His love, we are EAGER to 'suffer' and 'give up'. It sounds strange to say we are EAGER to suffer and give up. But it truly is. We 'suffer' because we know we will get sth much much better in the near future. And we know God can be glorified. We 'give up' because we see sth better and dislike what we've considered to be good before. The message reminded me that today as a Christian, I grasp something which is much much better than what I've considered to be precious before. So, we deny our old self for good.

"只是我先前以為與我有益的,我現在因基督都當作有損的。不但如此,我也將萬事當作有損的,因我以認識我主基督耶穌為至寶。我為他已經丟棄萬事,看作糞土,為要得著基督;並且得以在他裡面,不是有自己因律法而得的義,乃是有信基督的義,就是因信神而來的義,使我認識基督,曉得他復活的大能,並且曉得和他一同受苦,效法他的死,或者我也得以從死裡復活。" (Phil 3:7-11)

No comments: