Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Monday: I got a cold. I felt terribly uncomfortable. The headache and dizziness were killing me. And poor me -- I gotta proctor and grade the exam today. After grading the exam, I rushed back home to hit the sack. Thx God that I felt much much better after the medication and >10 hours sleep.

Tuesday: It has been a long day. Teaching, office hours, extra office hours and research works. Well.. It's enjoyable, tho' tiring.

I was reading the Book of Job tonight. The book discusses why and how an innocent person, Job, suffered. Job was a good man. But Job lost all his possessions. His children died. He became so ill that he wanted to die. But Job refused to insult God.
Many times we may want to give up when we are having a terrible experience. Sometimes we may even insult God. But I think..God can use the experience of suffering for good. We should never think that suffering is a waste. Also, God won't give us test beyond what we can bear. This reminds me with some verses from the New Testament:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." (James 1:2-4)

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."(1 Cor. 10:13)

No comments: